Welcome to the Old Rectory Bed and Breakfast Chicklade in Wiltshire and close to both Dorset and Somerset borders
The Old Rectory has been sensitively and stylishly refurbished to a high standard with full en-suite facilities, by the owners Lynda & Colin Masefield. The couple have extensive experience in the hospitality industry and guests are assured of a warm welcome and friendly service.
A full English Breakfast using locally sourced produce is in included in the rate. Free WiFi is available throughout the property, we also have a PC in the reception area which is available for guest usage. There is a small library of local books and maps for your use during your stay.
Chicklade is a small hamlet and there are 2 excellent local pubs within a mile, both serving restaurant and bar meals.
The Old Rectory is an ideal venue for “family get togethers”. Walkers and cyclists are also very welcome, as we are on the Dorset and Wiltshire borders, with The Great Ridge Walkway being close to the property.
It offers a great base to explore local attractions, Stonehenge, Longleat and Salisbury or to break your journey whilst travelling to and from the West Country.
We are approximately: -
- 8 miles from the National Trust site of Stourhead
- 9 miles from Warminster, National Trust - Cley Hill
- 10 miles from Shaftesbury with Gold Hill, made famous by the "Hovis" advert
- 12 miles from Longleat with its famous Safari Park
- 12 miles from Centre Parcs, Longleat Forest
- 15 miles from the historic English Heritage site of Stonehenge
- 18 miles from the Medieval Cathedral City of Salisbury
- 28 miles from the Georgian City of Bath
In addition, we are 90 miles from the outskirts of London and 43 miles from the International Airport and Docks at Southampton. The picturesque New Forest is less than a 1 hour drive away.